GREETINGS! It’s been another fairly unexciting week for me, but I’ve continued to plug away at miscellaneous maintenance tasks. Although Hofstadter’s Law continues to out-Hofstadter’s Law me, lots of work is getting done on Logic World and I am super excited about how development is going.
Here are some highlights from my work week:
If you’ve poked around in the Logic World game files, you’ve probably noticed that there’s a lot of data stored with my custom SUCC file format. In order to assist with development & debugging, I’ve made most of these files hot-reloadable: you can edit them on disk, and when you save the file, the game will reload the appropriate data and even update the user interface to reflect it. This includes
settings_master.succ and its 100+ secret settings – you no longer need to restart the game to change them.
Note that this change applies to SUCC files outside the
GameData files (i.e. mods) already have some SUCC hot-reloading support in 0.90.
I’ve upgraded the server runtime from .NET Core 3.1 to .NET 6.0. This is a more modern .NET and brings with it gratuitous performance improvements. I haven’t really tested to see how it affects LW, but it seems kinda faster!
I made the inverter output render as “on” in the item thumbnail.
Thanks for reading! More soon. Love, Jimmy